These are just a few pictures of my 1990 Alfa Romeo Graduate Spider. I love this car like she’s one of my children. The fact that not many people own an Alfa Romeo Spider (in the USA anyways) is a major attraction for me personally but the real passion was realized after driving one with the top down for the 1st time and getting that rush taking a bend at 70-90 mph and not feeling the least bit uncertain of the car’s ability to handle the stress.
As you can see, I did a LOT of work with the car already and added a ton of mods…especially in the interior.
A partial list of new items include the following:
- DVD media system with Sony Speakers (4 – 5.25” / 2 - 6”x9”) + Volfenhag 12” subwoofer (fitted into a custom fiberglass/MDF board box built to fit into wheel well in trunk) XM satellite radio, navigation system, iPod controls from main deck, powered by an 600 watt Soundstream 5:1 amp.
- Rear view mirror (for those SUV’s that once blinded me) with headlight dimmer, digital compass, thermostat, and overhead map lights.
- Carpets and Alfa Romeo logo floor mats. New Momo shifter knob, Momo shifter boot, Momo e-brake handle, and Momo Steering wheel (not pictured).
- Sun Visors, dash mat, trunk/gas handle boot, and convertible top boot. (ALL from IAP)
- HID headlights and HID Fog Lamps.
- Clifford Alarm system/motion sensors and 2 kill switches.
- Speedline 16” Wheels with a 35mm offset (no rubbing at all without the use of spacers) wrapped in Nitto Neo-Gen Tires (205/16/45)
- Rear Springs and KYB Shocks (IAP)
The engine was totally rebuilt by Fred Morello of Ital-Auto in Hallandale, FL and was started in November 2006 and completed in January 2006. The car runs very well now and so smoothly. I installed a K&N Air Filter, new hoses all around, and so many new engine components (ALL from IAP) that I can’t even list them all.
Visit: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532294 for detailed explanations on everything that what was done to the car and a DIY guide to build the sub box.
Thank you IAP for your passion and devotion to Alfa Romeos. I could not have done this project without your superb customer service and extensive knowledge of these fine – one of a kind vehicles owned by few but adored by everyone!
Join the Conversation