Employment at International Auto Parts
International Auto Parts/AutoSport is a Charlottesville, Va.-based company with over 40 years of history in the automotive parts and accessories business. We pride ourselves on being a family-friendly company with a great working environment and excellent job support. Our comprehensive benefits include company-paid healthcare for full-time employees. Good pay with monthly incentive program for all employees. Relocation assistance is provided. Successful candidates must pass drug screen and background check.
Front End Web Developer
Qualifications and Experience:
The Programmer must be a team player with excellent cross team communication skills, show good attention to detail, successfully prioritize competing tasks, able to generate concise project documentation, employ appropriate coding techniques regarding performance, maintainability and security, and be knowledgeable in e-commerce web application design. They will be proficient in using ColdFusion, ASP.Net or PHP on the Windows technology stack in the building of complex, retail ecommerce sites that support large product selections and data feeds with B2B partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and/or comparable work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in building robust, secure, high availability, well performing, e-commerce websites with a large catalog of configurable and/or custom products.
- Working knowledge of dynamic page creation using ColdFusion (preferred), ASP.Net or PHP running on IIS with a SQL Server back end using a Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- The ability to create processes that emit, consume and transform XML using XSLT, ColdFusion, .Net or PHP.
- Knowledge of best practices in designing sites for SEO.
- Extensive experience building complex e-commerce sites with a commercially available e-commerce framework like Magento Enterprise.
- Website instrumentation for SEO using Google Analytics or similar tracking mechanisms.
- Building sites with a clean minimal interface that can be styled for multiple platforms using CSS with an eye toward mobile platforms.
- iOS or Android application development.
- Version control and source code management with subversion or git.
Essential Job Functions:
Design, code, test and maintain customer facing e-commerce websites and internal data-driven web applications in a PCI compliant system architecture which includes secure web coding practices that will mitigate SQL Injection, CSRF, CSS and other common vulnerabilities. Create and maintain detailed documentation regarding design, configuration and management of applications. Rapidly implement new functionality in support of revenue generating initiatives.
- Deploy and maintain web site functionality for our current branded websites
- Thoroughly document software features both in code and in separate project artifacts
- Maintain version control on all software created or maintained
- Create test cases for new features to include unit testing and regression testing of major new functionality
- Work with creative designers to provide functionality required to evolve our customer facing sites to current e-commerce styling
- Ensure that customer facing sites maintain PCI compliance
- Work within a cross functional team designed to maximize reliability and availability by spreading the workload amongst team members.
How to apply:
Complete an application in person at International Auto Parts, located on Route 29 North in Charlottesville, two miles past Airport Road (next to Clayton Homes) between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., M-F. You can also request an application by phone at (434) 974-7118, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to (434) 817-8421. International Auto Parts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You can mail your resume to:
Attn: Job Openings
International Auto Parts
PO Box 9036
Charlottesville, VA 22906